Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What I do in the office

I've been receiving some enquiries on what is my current job is all about. So I will share some of the details in this post for everybody's reference.

I am in charged in claims department.To be specific, the medical claims unit. Basically my job involves giving medical advices on the medical part and also on the procedures.

Let say a client file a medical claim. He is hospitalized for renal stone and requiring stone removal. Hence I will assisting the claims assessors from claims and medical point of view. You will need some extra knowledge to be familiar with medical insurance point of view and it might take some times to pick up. Then the attending doctors will claims for their procedures fees by giving use the procedure codes. My job is to determine if the codes are correct and if they charge accordingly following guidelines given by MOH.

That is the main thing I did in the office. There are some other things need to be done and it also involves some other small things which some people might not want to do.

If you need more clarification, feel free to comment.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment